PAS @ 58
The Philippine Association of Secretaries and Administrative Professionals, Inc. (PAS) is now on its 58th year of existence in the business community.
Since its inception in 1958, PAS has been contributing to the business sectors’ vitality by giving much needed administrative support to executives and business organizations, creating professional development to our colleagues in the administrative profession, providing scholarship programs to various students, initiating community development projects for different localities, as well as extending donations, both in cash and in kind, to various charitable institutions.
Dynamic professionalism and passion for excellence of its members are core mandate of the PAS that require commitments to continuous learning, leadership skills development, and community development.
IN AFFIRMATION OF ITS ROLE
IN BUSINESS AND SOCIETY:
- PAS is an association that provides a medium for personal growth and professional development of secretaries and administrative professionals;
- PAS is an organization that is nurtured by its members and supported by top management in both the government and private sectors;
- PAS is an advocacy group where members enjoy rapport and camaraderie and works toward the common goal of enriching lives of members and those of the marginalized members of our society;
- PAS is a cohesive group where networking alliances and friendship make possible the existence of a symbiotic relationship among its members;
- PAS provides the best forum to prepare, educate and mentor students and young professionals as they enter the realm of the corporate workplace;
- PAS is committed to the advancement and respect for the profession of secretaries and administrative professionals;
- PAS complements the government’s effort on leadership and transformation.
ORGANIZATION SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Social awareness and community involvement of its members are carried through various outreach programs, e.g. feeding programs for indigents, medical missions, back-to-school programs, visits to boarding facilities for the aged, etc.
Another continuing project of the PAS is the PAS Development Foundation (PASDF) scholarship program. Conceived in 1978, it has provided free college education to deserving students from the Polytechnic University of the Philippines (PUP). A significant number of PAS scholars who have graduated are now gainfully employed and have provided a secure future for their family members.